I got the body all painted, and then applied a few coats of varnish today.  It was coming along pretty well, until I got a bit too much on it, and got a run on the front, near the top.  I touched it, trying to smooth it out, and that just made it worse. I sanded it some after it dried, and re-painted the area, and did another coat of varnish.  It looks pretty good, but that area is not smooth now.  Oh, well.  Other than that, it’s looking pretty good.

I hope to get it all put back together this week and see if it works!  I think the metallic dark brown will look pretty sharp with the wood on the neck.